Bernell Tripp, Ph.D.
Associate Professor - Department of Journalism
Tripp specializes in sports writing and has won several awards for her spot sports coverage and sportswriting. Before joining the University of Florida College of Journalism and Communications, Tripp was a sports writer for the Pensacola News and freelanced for the Orlando Sentinel, Florida Times-Union and the New Orleans Times-Picayune. Tripp has earned her B.A., M.A. and Ph.D.
Ph.D., University of Alabama
- Rachel Grant and Bernell Tripp Will Serve as Panelists at the 2020 Online AJHA National Convention (September 22, 2020)
- Bernell Tripp Helps Launch New Online Journal on Journalism and Mass Communication History (October 19, 2015)
- Bernell Tripp is honored by American Journalism Historians Association (September 9, 2014)
- All News About Bernell Tripp
Tripp, Bernell E., Black Women Journalists, 1825-1860. Northport , AL: Vision Press, in press.
Tripp, Bernell, “The Antebellum Press.” Wm. David Sloan, James Stovall, and Jim Startt (eds.) , The Media in America: A History, 6th edition, (Northport, AL: Vision Press, 2005)
- Mass Communication History
Syllabi from the current and three previous semesters:
- JOU 4004 - History of Journalism - section 2677 - Fall 2020 (PDF)
- MMC 2450 - Data Literacy for Communicators - Fall 2020 (PDF)
- JOU 4004 - History of Journalism - Spring 2020 (PDF)
- MMC 2450 - Data Literacy for Communicators - section 23588 - Spring 2020 (PDF)
- JOU 4004 - History of Journalism - Fall 2019 (PDF)
- JOU 5007 - History of Journalism - section 15616 - Fall 2019 (PDF)
- MMC 2450 - Data Literacy for Communicators - Fall 2019 (PDF)