Bernell Tripp, Ph.D.
Associate Professor - Department of Journalism
Tripp specializes in sports writing and has won several awards for her spot sports coverage and sportswriting. Before joining the University of Florida College of Journalism and Communications, Tripp was a sports writer for the Pensacola News and freelanced for the Orlando Sentinel, Florida Times-Union and the New Orleans Times-Picayune. Tripp has earned her B.A., M.A. and Ph.D.
Ph.D., University of Alabama
- CJC Faculty, Staff and Student Receive UF Research Team Awards for 2020 Racial Justice Research Fund Grant (December 21, 2020)
- Rachel Grant and Bernell Tripp Will Serve as Panelists at the 2020 Online AJHA National Convention (September 22, 2020)
- Bernell Tripp Helps Launch New Online Journal on Journalism and Mass Communication History (October 19, 2015)
- Bernell Tripp is honored by American Journalism Historians Association (September 9, 2014)
- All News About Bernell Tripp
Tripp, Bernell E., Black Women Journalists, 1825-1860. Northport , AL: Vision Press, in press.
Tripp, Bernell, “The Antebellum Press.” Wm. David Sloan, James Stovall, and Jim Startt (eds.) , The Media in America: A History, 6th edition, (Northport, AL: Vision Press, 2005)
- Mass Communication History
Syllabi from the current and three previous semesters: