2 p.m. – The State of Climate Change in Florida
- Florida climatologist David Zierden with a year-in-review climate report
3 p.m. – What We Know and How We Know It
- University of Miami marine scientist Dr. Amy Clement on heat
- UF physical geographer Dr. David Keellings on rainfall
- UF climatologist Dr. Cori Matyas on hurricanes
- UF coastal geographer Dr. Katy Serafin on sea-level rise and coastal hazards
4 p.m. – Attributing Extreme Weather Events in the Context of Climate Change
- University of Georgia atmospheric scientist Dr. J. Marshall Shepherd
Optional Journalists’ Workshop and Networking Lunch: Climate Data for Journalists with state climatologist David Zierden and Alex Harris, lead climate reporter for The Miami Herald, 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the College of Journalism and Communications.
Click here to view previous Climate Communications Summits.