Current students from any college at the University of Florida, online or on-campus, have the option to pursue a combination degree from the College of Journalism and Communications with approval from their undergraduate department and the CJC graduate division. Completing a master’s degree from one of the country’s top-ranked journalism and communication programs will give you cutting-edge communication skills and help set you apart with potential employers.
Two degrees. Endless possibilities.
How It Works:
- UF CJC graduate-level courses will replace up to 12 credits of eligible undergraduate electives and count towards your undergraduate and graduate degree requirements.
- You must apply to the CJC’s MAMC program by the application deadline given to you by the combination degree advisor and before graduating from your undergraduate degree program, with a gap of no more than two semesters between your undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Undergraduate students from any UF major may apply.
- These classes will count towards both your undergraduate and graduate school requirements.
- Undergraduate combination degree students will complete the CJC master’s program alongside current graduate students, in courses taught by UF College of Journalism and Communications faculty and highly qualified industry professionals, with exposure to a variety of visiting industry professionals.
How to Get Started:
- Consider which MAMC concentration you are most interested in by reading about your options with our Professional Master’s and Online Master’s programs.
- To confirm your eligibility, you can download our Combination Degree Eligibility Form and have your undergraduate advisor sign off on it. To apply for our combination degree program, you must:
- Be designated as a junior or senior
- Have completed the equivalent of at least one full-time semester (12 credits) at UF
- Have at least 5 elective credits available
- Plan to apply to CJC’s M.A.M.C. program before completing your undergraduate degree
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.2, then maintain at least a 3.0 GPA during the program
- Write a brief statement of goals
*Please note that students from any UF undergraduate major are welcome to apply with their department’s approval.
Once you have completed the Combination Degree Eligibility Form, feel free to make an appointment with the CJC combination degree advisor so you can discuss your next steps.