How to Apply
- Fill out the Combination Degree Eligibility Form.
- Meet with your undergraduate advisor to make sure you are eligible for the program. Once your eligibility is determined, your advisor should sign your Combination Degree Eligibility Form.
- Meet with the CJC combination degree advisor by scheduling an appointment. During this meeting, you will submit your completed eligibility form and learn more about the combination degree program and application process.
- If applying to the on-campus program, meet with the program coordinator for your chosen concentration (you will receive this contact information during your meeting with the CJC combination degree advisor) to select your classes and learn more about the concentration. If applying to the online program, you will select your classes during your initial meeting with the CJC combination degree advisor.
- Complete the Combination Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree Request Form, Statement of Goals*, and Combination Degree Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), and submit these documents to the CJC combination degree advisor.
- If your undergraduate degree is not in the College of Journalism and Communications, the CJC combination degree advisor will ask you to obtain the required signatures from your college on the Combination Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree Request Form, and you must request that your college email the CJC combination degree advisor a copy of the completed form with all signatures.
- You will receive an email notification from the CJC combination degree advisor once your combination degree application process is complete and your participation in the program has been approved. Note that eligibility does not guarantee acceptance, and the College of Journalism and Communications reserves the right to approve or deny applications.
*The Statement of Goals is at least 300 words describing your purpose for pursuing the Combination Degree. Questions to guide you as you write your statement include:
- Why did you decide to pursue a combination degree?
- What do you hope to accomplish both during and after you have completed the combination degree?
- What interests you about the given field of study?
- Which master’s concentration do you intend to apply to upon completing your undergraduate degree?
- What are your career goals and how will this combination degree help you achieve them?
Contact to submit completed forms and ask additional questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadlines to Apply:
Fall Semester: June 10
Spring Semester: October 10
Summer Semester: March 10