Beginning Monday, March 16, 2020, CJC advisors are advising students remotely
What does this mean and how do you ‘meet’ with an advisor? Read on, and rest assured we’re going to do our very best under unprecedented circumstances to help you.
- We won’t be able to accommodate walk-in / face-to-face advising requests.
- In as much as possible, we will adhere to our regular advising hours via Zoom and email:
- Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Thursdays 11:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Advising will focus primarily on summer and fall course selection. We will process minor applications, dual degree forms, combination degree forms, etc. as soon as we can..
- NO MAJOR CHANGES. We will take your request by email for a major change, and evaluate your eligibility to change your major after spring grades post. Email us at email@example.com.
We know that you have a lot of questions for us, so make a list of your questions. Check to see if your questions can be answered using the following resources:
- Please refer to the FAQs.
- Please enroll yourself in our advising Canvas course if you haven’t already done so: https://ufl.instructure.com/enroll/W9AK63
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for answers to these issues / questions:
- “I need to declare my outside concentration.”
- “I took a course but it’s not showing up on my audit.”
- See the FAQs for more examples.
Can’t register for a CJC course that is full? Submit a course request: https://www.jou.ufl.edu/current-students/current-undergraduate/current-academics/courserequestforms/
Do some self-advising preparations! Review the FAQs for tips on accessing your model semester plan for your major.
If you still need to meet with an advisor, “sign-in” for advising:
- Click on this link (from your computer, laptop, or mobile device).
- Sign in to our lobby system as you normally would for a walk-in advising meeting.
- An advisor will send a Zoom link to your Gatorlink email.
- Be sure to have a pen and paper on hand to take notes.