Roxane Coche, Ph.D.
Associate Director of Sports Journalism and Communication
Assistant Professor - Department of Telecommunication
Before coming to UF in 2018, Coche had been an assistant professor in the Department of Journalism and Strategic Media at the University of Memphis, teaching undergraduate and graduate students in broadcast, sports journalism and entrepreneurial media. Prior to that, she was a lecturer in the Department of Communication, Media and Journalism at the University of North Georgia Dahlonega and a visiting professor in the Communication and Sciences Program at the Tecnológico de Monterrey, Campus Guadalajara in Mexico.
She is the creator, producer and faculty leader for the multimedia project Once More at the River: From MLK to BLM.
Coche, who was born and raised in France, began her career as a freelance sports reporter and producer in Paris. She worked on major events such as the 2008 Soccer European Championship, 33rd America’s Cup and 2010 Olympic Games, 2008 U.S. Open and 2010 Australian Open and recently covered the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil.
Ph.D., University of North Carolina in 2013,
M.A. in English and American Civilization, Universite Paris III – Sorbonne Nouvelle, 2009
M.A. in Bi-lingual Journalism (French and English) Universite Paris III – Sorbonne Nouvelle, 2008
B.A. in English, Institut d’anglais de Paris Charles V – Université Paris VII.
- Roxane Coche Comments on the FIFA Women’s World Cup and Editorial Review Board Selection (July 18, 2019)
- Roxane Coche Interviewed on Ghanaian Television at the FIFA Women’s World Cup (June 14, 2019)
- Roxane Coche Authors Article on Branding for the Women’s Soccer World Cup (June 7, 2019)
- Roxane Coche Appointed Associate Director of Sports Journalism and Communication (June 4, 2019)
- Roxane Coche Receives Rising Star Award from the UF Office of Teaching Excellence (April 24, 2019)
- All News About Roxane Coche
Syllabi from the current and three previous semesters:
- RTV 4930 - Sports Capstone - section 0001 - Spring 2020 (PDF)
- RTV 4930 - Communicating Soccer Globally - section 089H - Spring 2020 (PDF)
- MMC 6936 - Sports Branding - Fall 2019 (PDF)
- RTV 4930 - Intro to Sports Production - section 3F85 - Fall 2019 (PDF)
- JOU 4313C - Sports Reporting - Spring 2019 (PDF)
- JOU 4313C - Sports Reporting - Fall 2018 (PDF)
- RTV 4930 - Introduction to Sports Production - section 3F85 - Fall 2018 (PDF)