College News

Back to News

Meet the New Faculty

You can read the full profiles of each new faculty member here.

Christine Bucan
Public Relations lecturer

Christine Bucan

I have extensive PR experience (age has a lot to do with it) in everything from consumer marketing to healthcare, travel and transportation. Most recently, I led the PR and social media divisions of a full-service agency based in Miami. I served as PR counsel to some of the biggest brands in the world, including McDonald’s, American Airlines and Merrill Lynch. Prior to that, I spent more than 12 years as a journalist and PR professional in Central Europe. I ran my own PR firm in Prague and was employed by the Prime Minister of Croatia to improve the image of the country following its civil war.

Yang Feng
Advertising Associate Professor in Artificial Intelligence, Consortium on Trust in Media and Technology

Yang Feng

My area of expertise is advertising effect and the algorithmic social media environment and machine learning and advertising effect. I serve as the principal investigator for six projects, including virtual influencers and endorsement effectiveness, performances of different supervised machine-learning algorithms in advertising research, influencer marketing and the algorithmic social-media environment, online hate speech and social-issue campaigns, inoculation effect and influencer marketing, and effectiveness of beauty influencers. Also, I serve as the co-PI for a project that focuses on wellness influencers and the anti-vaccine movement.

Carrie Miller
Public Relations Assistant Professor

Carrie Miller

My area of expertise is behavioral and population science, primarily in the field of cancer prevention and control. My research is focused on developing novel interventions which leverage communication and digital technologies to improve cancer-screening uptake and awareness.

You can also read a profile of Carrie by UF Health here.

Won-Ki Moon
Advertising Assistant Professor

Won-Ki Moon
Won-Ki Moon

My expertise is in consumer behavior and information processing. In terms of methodology, I am most familiar with experimental design, although I also use surveys and computational social science in my research.

Seungahn Nah
Diane Snedaker Chair in Media Trust and Research Director, Consortium on Trust in Media and Technology

Seungahn Nah

My area of expertise lies in political communication and journalism with particular focus on existing and emerging digital media, including AI-enabled technologies, media credibility, trust in AI, participatory communication, and civic participation.

Celeste Wagner
Journalism Assistant Professor

Celeste Wagner

I used mixed methods — mostly experiments, surveys and depth-interviews — to understand how the media impact public opinion around political and social issues. For the most part, I study the impact of representations around issues or gender, race, ethnicity and social class. My empirical focus has been on the United States and Argentina.

Posted: November 2, 2022