There’s no place like New York City to prepare yourself for a career in communications. Experience what it’s like to learn, work and live in one of the most important media and communications hubs in the world with CJCxNYC.
Live in a big city, meet new people, explore vibrant cultures and see firsthand what makes New York City unique. And you don’t have to do it alone. A community of peers, alumni and professionals are here to help you navigate new experiences in NYC and beyond.
Whether you choose a week-long experience or our summer program, get ready to immerse yourself in work and life as a New Yorker.
One Week in NYC
During this week-long experience in May, students will collaborate with peers and industry professionals on real-world projects.
- Dates: May 22-28
- Credits: 1-credit PUR Industry Perspectives course
Immersive Summer 2022
Through our Immersive Summer program, students will complete an 8- to 12-week full-time, paid internship and participate in local activities to explore the culture and energy of NYC.
- Dates: May/June – Aug. 2022, as established by employer
- Credits: Offered as a 1- to 3-credit PUR4940 or ADV4940 internship course
One application is all you need.
Submit your application for the opportunity to be considered for internship positions at numerous communication agencies and organizations in NYC.
Applications are open Feb. 1 until March 15 at 5 p.m ET. Applications will be reviewed as they are received until all positions are filled. Students are encouraged to apply early.
Download the CJCxNYC Student Guide for program and application details, estimated costs, eligibility criteria and career and scholarship resources.
Watch a Zoom recording of our recent information session here.
- Feb. 1: Applications open
- Feb. 7: Zoom Information session at 6 p.m.
- March 15: Applications close at 5 p.m.
- April 15: Acceptances for One Week in NYC and Immersive Summer
- End of April: Information session & mixer for accepted students
- May 22-28: One Week in NYC experience
- June TBD: CJCxNYC Immersive Summer begins – start dates will vary by employer
Contact Natalie Asorey, our faculty member in-residence in New York City and CJCxNYC program lead. firstname.lastname@example.org