College News

Back to College News

Sarab Kochhar receives national PRSA scholarship

Sarab Kochhar and Harold Burson, founding Chairman of Burson-Marsteller.

Congratulations to UF public relations doctoral student Sarabdeep Kochhar for being named the recipient of the 2013 Public Relations Society of America Chester Burger Scholarship for Excellence in Public Relations.  She received the award at the PRSA Foundation dinner in New York City in April.

The scholarship was created to encourage graduate public relations students to pursue careers in corporate public relations, with the goal of making the public relations function more essential to the successful achievement of corporate goals consistent with the public interest, the precepts of sound business and the needs of key stakeholders.

“Sarab has been my teaching assistant, research assistant, and co-author in conference papers and publications,” said Interim Public Relations Department Chair Juan-Carlos Molleda.  “She has been very successful and productive as a doctoral student and I am confident she will be a very attractive candidate for opportunities in the communications and higher education fields.”

The scholarship is named in honor of Chester Burger, one of the pre-eminent leaders in the public relations profession who helped shape the discipline of public relations counseling.  He died in 2011.

Kochhar’s research focuses on international public relations, business strategy, and business diplomacy.

“I have presented my work at leading communication and public relations conferences nationally and internationally, written book chapters, and am now co-authoring a book with Public Relations Interim Chair Juan-Carlos Molleda,” said Kohhar.  “After I graduate in Spring 2014, I would like to conduct research in the academia and industry.”

Posted: May 15, 2013
Tagged as: , ,