Ph.D.Media Production, Management, and Technology
I research and teach live remote sports productions. I have twenty years of experience as a network television camera operator and four years of experience teaching undergraduate students television production skills.
- X’s and O’s, Angles and Games: NFL Football Yardage Estimations Based on Camera Angle (September 8, 2021)
- CJC Faculty and Students to Be Recognized at Annual IPRRC Conference (March 1, 2021)
- CJC Doctoral Students and Faculty Receive 2020 PRSA Educators Academy Awards (October 19, 2020)
- Behind the Scenes: COVID-19 Consequences on Broadcast Sports Production (September 18, 2020)
- Roxane Coche and Benjamin Lynn Co-Author Article on Broadcast Sports Production During the COVID-19 Pandemic (August 27, 2020)
- All News About Benjamin Lynn
Refereed Journal Articles
Huang, Q., Lynn, B., Dong, C., Ni, S., & Men, L. R. (2022). Relationship cultivation via social media during the COVID-19 pandemic: Evidence from China and the U.S. International Journal of Business Communication, 1-31. DOI: 10.1177/23294884211067805
Coche, R., & Lynn, B. (2021). “The Best Camera is the One You Always Have With You”: The Case for MOJO-Based Courses and Mobile Production Kits. Teaching Journalism & Mass Communication, 11(1), 82-86. Retrieved from https://aejmc.us/spig/wp-content/uploads/sites/9/2021/07/TJMC-11.1-Coche-Lynn1.pdf
Lynn, B. J., Coche, R., & Ashley, M. (2021). X’s and O’s, Angles and Games: NFL Football Yardage Estimations Based on Camera Angle. Sports Innovation Journal. Retrieved from http://journals.iupui.edu/index.php/sij/article/view/24247
Coche, R., Lynn, B., & Haught, M. J. (2022). Divide and Conquer? A Model for Live OTT Sports Streaming. Paper/Poster at AEJMC National Conference, Detroit, MI.
Lynn, B., & Coche, R. (2022). Camera movements as nonverbal communication: An adaptation of Heider and Simmel (1944). Paper/Poster at Broadcast Education Association, Las Vegas, NV.
Jin, J., Lynn, B., & Men, R. (2020). Relationship cultivation and public engagement via social media during the COVID-19 pandemic in China. Oral Presentation at Public Relations Society of America (PRSA 2020) Educators Academy Super Friday.
Mass Communication - Sports Broadcasts
My professional interests include organizational decisions that effect live remote sports productions, organizational leadership communication (both internal and external), and pedagogical practices and how we effectively transfer knowledge to others.
My main methodological approaches are experiments, surveys, and content analysis, all through a quantitative lens.