Lecturer - Department of Telecommunication
Zawahry is an accomplished filmmaker whose films have shown in 100 venues worldwide. Her film “Tough Crowd” won a Student Emmy Award and qualified as a finalist in the NBC Comedy Short Cuts. She was a recipient of the coveted Princess Grace Award, which is dedicated to identifying and assisting emerging artists, for her film “UnderCover.”
Zawahry was a consultant on the television shows “The Odyssey” and “The Big C” and recently wrapped her directorial debut feature film. She is currently writing a feature that advanced to the final round of Sundance Writer’s Lab.
In 2014, Zawahry collaborated with the not-for-profit-organization Islamic Scholarship Fund to create the first-ever American-Muslim film grant that helps fund filmmakers who are presenting a positive narrative of Muslims in America.
- CJC Students and Alumni Receive 2019 BEA Festival of Media Arts Awards (April 10, 2019)
- Iman Zawahry Speaks About Her Filmmaking Career and Representing Muslim-American Women (March 26, 2019)
- UF College of Journalism and Communications Announces Unprecedented Expansion (August 6, 2018)
- CJC Alums Recognized at Prestigious Florida Film Festivals (April 25, 2018)
- Iman Zawahry Selected for CJC Telecommunication Lecturer Position (March 29, 2018)
- All News About Iman Zawahry
Syllabi from the current and three previous semesters: