Bernell Tripp, Ph.D.
Associate Professor - Department of Journalism
Office: 3055 Weimer
University of Alabama
Tripp specializes in sports writing and has won several awards for her spot sports coverage and sportswriting. Before joining the University of Florida College of Journalism and Communications, Tripp was a sports writer for the Pensacola News and freelanced for the Orlando Sentinel, Florida Times-Union and the New Orleans Times-Picayune. Tripp has earned her B.A., M.A. and Ph.D.
Syllabi from the current and three previous semesters:
- JOU 4004 - History of Journalism - Fall 2015 (PDF)
- JOU 4308 - Magazine & Feature Writing - Fall 2015 (PDF)
- JOU 5007 - History of Journalism - section 2974 - Fall 2015 (PDF)
- MMC 6936 - Magazine and Feature Writing - section 4812 - Fall 2015 (PDF)
- JOU 4004 - History of Journalism - section 2666 - Spring 2015 (PDF)
- JOU 5007 - History of Journalism - section 2974 - Spring 2015 (PDF)
Tripp, Bernell E., Black Women Journalists, 1825-1860. Northport , AL: Vision Press, in press.
Tripp, Bernell, "The Antebellum Press." Wm. David Sloan, James Stovall, and Jim Startt (eds.) , The Media in America: A History, 6th edition, (Northport, AL: Vision Press, 2005)