Bernell Tripp, Ph.D.
Associate Professor - Department of Journalism
University of Alabama
Office: 3055 Weimer
Tripp specializes in sports writing and has won several awards for her spot sports coverage and sportswriting. Before joining the University of Florida College of Journalism and Communications, Tripp was a sports writer for the Pensacola News and freelanced for the Orlando Sentinel, Florida Times-Union and the New Orleans Times-Picayune. Tripp has earned her B.A., M.A. and Ph.D.
Syllabi from the current and three previous semesters:
- JOU 4004 - History of Journalism - section 2666 - Spring 2014 (PDF)
- JOU 5007 - History of Journalism - section 065B - Spring 2014 (PDF)
- JOU 4004 - History of Journalism - Fall 2013 (PDF)
- JOU 4308 - Magazine & Feature Writing - Fall 2013 (PDF)
- JOU 5007 - History of Journalism - section 2974 - Fall 2013 (PDF)
- MMC 6936 - Special Topics in Mass Communication - section 4812 - Fall 2013 (PDF)
Publications and Conference Papers
Tripp, Bernell E., Black Women Journalists, 1825-1860. Northport , AL: Vision Press, in press.
Tripp, Bernell, "The Antebellum Press." Wm. David Sloan, James Stovall, and Jim Startt (eds.) , The Media in America: A History, 6th edition, (Northport, AL: Vision Press, 2005)