PUBLIC RELATIONS AND WEB DESIGN COMBINED DEGREE
Students who are accepted in the program can use Web Design classes to complete their professional public relations electives AND count the classes towards an MAMC with a specialization in Web Design and Online Communication.
Students who participate in the combined degree are not guaranteed admission to the MAMC. They must apply and be accepted to the program.
- Graduate-level courses
- Extensive training in Dreamweaver, Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop
- 14 hours that can count towards an MAMC with a specialization in Web Design
- Courses satisfy professional undergraduate electives, then count again toward the MAMC
- Limited enrollment classes taught live by professionals using distance technologies
- Learn principles of design, branding, and layout in Websites. Learn to create pages using HTML and CSS3
To get started, talk with an adviser and complete the combined degree form found here:www.admissions.ufl.edu/pdf/combdegreerequest.pdf.
Digital Imagery in Web Design (VIC 5325 ,4 credits)
Understand how audiences form meanings, the importance of signs and symbols in social interactions, and learn Photoshop.
Digital Design and Layout (VIC 5326 , 3 credits)
Fundamental design concepts, advanced methods and features of digital design, including understanding how to prepare documents for the web.
Corporate and Brand Identity on the Web (VIC 5315, 3 credits)
How to deliver strong visual identity. Through case studies and hands-on experience, you will develop and execute designs for any medium.
Web Design Principles (MMC 5277 , 4 credits)
Mastery of coding and posting HTML and CSS files to the Internet. Apply your knowledge to planning, design and development of your own portfolio.