- Foreign Language Requirement or Quantitative Option
- The College requires that all students complete 12 credits of coursework in a department outside of the college. Nine of the twelve credits should be at the 3000 level or above. In lieu of an outside concentration, a student may complete an approved UF minor that is offered outside of the college. (see video below)
- All CJC students must complete a total of 9 credits of English. CJC students in Advertising, Public Relations, and Telecommunication complete ENC1101 and ENC1102, as well as ENC3252 Strategic Communications. CJC students in the Journalism major complete a 3rd English course (any course taught by the English department).
- 52 credits CJC courses, 72 credits non-CJC courses – All CJC students beginning with catalog year 2013 must complete 52 credits of CJC courses, and 72 credits of non-CJC courses, totaling 124 credits required for graduation.Consult with an adviser during advance registration advising. Don’t take random courses for the sake of being a full-time student – always choose an elective inside our college. We have many special topics courses offered each semester. Take advantage of them.
- 124 credits required for graduation
- General education requirements (incl. writing and math requirement)
- Summer enrollment
- Residency (last 25% of credits)
Dropping and Adding courses
- During the Drop / add period – Log onto your ONE.UF and search for courses. Add and drop courses as needed. If you are unable to add a course that is offered by our college, submit a course request to the appropriate department using this form.
- After drop / add ends – see www.registrar.ufl.edu/currents/dropadd.html for more information
Preparing for graduation
- Apply on ONE.UF prior to the deadline. If you miss the deadline, no problem. Just fill out our form “Apply for the Degree After the Deadline” under our forms tab.
- CJC Commencement Information
- UF Commencement Information
- Graduating with High or Highest Honors
Dates and deadlines
Withdrawing from UF
Prospective transfer students
Interested in Transferring to our college? If you have completed your associate of arts degree at a state or community college in Florida, please refer to our Admissions information when preparing to apply to our degree programs
Transient Coursework (taking classes elsewhere)
UF students who wish to take courses transient (at another institution) may do so with advisor approval as long as they are not also enrolled at UF during the same semester. The CJC does not allow concurrent enrollment (enrollment in two institutions at the same time).
- Registrar’s Office Transient Student information
- For public institutions (universities or state colleges) in Florida, please complete an online application through the FloridaShines website.
- For institutions that are not in Florida and/or are private, you must fill out the physical UF transient form and the Transient Equivalency form. Once you have filled out both forms with department signatures, meet with a CJC advisor for final approval.