Visiting Lecturer - Department of Advertising
Dan Windels previously was a lead brand strategist and market researcher at Covalent Logic, an award-winning communication agency in Baton Rouge. Prior to that, he was a senior brand strategist at GSD&M in Austin. In his work for the Truth Initiative’s quit smoking campaign, he helped develop the strategic framework for “Become an EX,” an advertising campaign that challenged smokers to re-learn the quitting process one cigarette at a time. From 2009-12, he was an instructor in advertising at DePaul University.
He will teach Principles of Advertising and Advertising Strategy, advise Ad Society and help launch the Advanced Advertising Internship as part of the new UFCJC curriculum and assessment program.
M.A., University of Texas
B.S., University of Oregon
- Dan Windels Joins CJC as an Advertising Lecturer (May 14, 2019)
- The Agency Hosts Its First Super Bowl Advertisement Trust Review (February 6, 2019)
- UF College of Journalism and Communications Announces Unprecedented Expansion (August 6, 2018)
- Kasey and Dan Windels Join CJC Advertising Department in Fall 2018 (May 22, 2018)
- All News About Dan Windels
Syllabi from the current and three previous semesters: