The 5th Annual Climate Communications Summit, held Oct. 29, 2019, included workshops on effective communication strategies and on podcasting. Below are videos from the event.
A lively, hands-on workshop where participants will learn the principles of communicating climate research clearly and compellingly. The session will include activities that allow you to practice using the concepts right away, hosted by UF’s Center for Public Interest Communications. The workshop will help you:
- Construct client communications that are anchored in six imperatives
- Characterize the fundamental theories of world views
- Integrate visual images and language to enhance communications efforts
- Experiment with the range of emotions in communications efforts
- Create actionable calls to action
- Practice using curiosity in communications efforts
- Recognize the role of narrative in communications efforts
ABOUT THE PRESENTERS
In the second session, Doug Parsons, host of the America Adapts podcast, will lead a podcast training workshop. America Adapts Media is focused on using podcasts to spread the word on climate adaptation.
ABOUT DOUG PARSONS