Evan Kropp, Ph.D.
Director - UF CJC Online
Dr. Evan Kropp joined the University of Florida in 2019 as the College of Journalism and Communications third director of UF CJC Online, the college’s online graduate-level programs.
Previously, he was an Associate Dean at Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU) where he oversaw all aspects of the graduate and undergraduate Communication programs. At Reinhardt University in Waleska, Georgia, he was an assistant professor and at the University of Georgia, an instructor in the Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication, and an assistant with the prestigious Peabody Awards.
Prior to entering higher education, he held several professional positions in sales, marketing and web development. He is also a successful entrepreneur who has owned and operated several small businesses.
Dr. Kropp’s academic interests include critical/cultural media studies and screenwriting. He has been published in several journals and websites including KOME – An International Journal of Pure Communication Inquiry and Faculty Focus from Magna Publications. He is the former Chair of the Broadcast Education Association’s Student Scriptwriting Competition and, in 2016, he won first place in BEA’s Academic Paper Competition for “The Influence of Connected Viewing on a Television Writer’s Room.”
- B.A, University of Hartford
- M.A., University of Hartford
- Ph.D., University of Georgia Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication
- Graduate Certificate in Interdisciplinary University Teaching, University of Georgia
- Graduate Certificate in Higher Education Leadership and Management, University of Massachusetts
- Evan Kropp Discusses CJC Online Master’s Program (August 6, 2021)
- Amy Jo Coffey Earns Quality Matters Certification for Online Graduate Course (June 22, 2021)
- Evan Kropp Named New Director of CJC Distance Education (May 9, 2019)
- All News About Evan Kropp
Syllabi from the current and three previous semesters: