Eric C. Esterline
Director of Sports Journalism and Communications
Sports Newsroom Manager for WRUF/WUFT
Lecturer in Sports Media and Communication
Lecturer in Sport Management
Eric Esterline is the Director of Sports Journalism and Communication and a lecturer for the College of Journalism and Communications. He also holds an appointment for the College of Health and Human Performance in sport management.
He teaches a wide range of courses that include PUR 3463 Sports Communication, RTV 3593 Multimedia Sports Reporting as well as the Sports Capstone course. He also teaches SPM3403, Sport Information Management and helps oversee the Sport Management Internship program.
Before coming to Gainesville in 2015 he worked in sports radio and journalism in Indianapolis, Jacksonville and Washington D.C. and was a freelance producer for FoxSports. Esterline has a bachelor’s degree in Telecommunication and Education from Butler University and a master’s degree from Indiana University in Informatics and New Media.
Esterline is an avid supporter of Butler University athletics, Indiana Pacers, Indianapolis Colts, Philadelphia Phillies, Chelsea FC, Borussia Dortmund, Tampa Bay Lightning and of course, the Florida Gators.
- Roxane Coche Appointed Associate Director of Sports Journalism and Communication (June 4, 2019)
- Eric Esterline Named Director of CJC Sports Journalism and Communication (April 2, 2019)
- Defining Moments: George Solomon, B.S. Journalism, 1963 (August 13, 2018)
- CJC Telecommunication Students Spend Spring Break Covering MLB Spring Training in Florida (March 22, 2018)
- Eric Esterline Promoted to Associate Director of Sports Journalism and Communications (May 2, 2017)
- All News About Eric Esterline
Syllabi from the current and three previous semesters:
- PUR 3463 - Sports Communication - Fall 2019 (PDF)
- RTV 4930 - Sports Capstone - section 21H7 - Fall 2019 (PDF)
- PUR 3463 - Sports Communication - Summer 2019 (PDF)
- PUR 3463 - Sports Communication - Spring 2019 (PDF)
- RTV 3593 - Multimedia Sports Reporting - section 0139 - Spring 2019 (PDF)
- RTV 4930 - Sports Capstone and Portfolio - section 21H7 - Fall 2018 (PDF)
- PUR 3463 - Sports Communication - section 01FE, 01FG - Summer 2018 (PDF)