Frank Karel Endowed Chair in Public Interest Communications - Department of Public Relations
Bradbery, a 1986 UFCJC journalism graduate, was named Karel Chair in Public Interest Communications in 2020.
Before joining the College, she had worked at Public Citizen, one of the most effective public interest organizations in the country, since 1999 and had been Director of Communications since 2006. Her responsibilities included developing and implementing communication strategies at the national, state and local levels and leading communication planning and implementation for coalitions of allied public interest organizations.
In 2003, Bradbery co-founded Smokefree DC, a nonprofit, all-volunteer membership organization that achieved the passage of landmark smoke-free workplace legislation in Washington, D.C., in 2006. As part of that effort, Bradbery mobilized grassroots activists, did educational and media outreach and lobbied elected officials.
Prior to joining Public Citizen, she was a reporter with The Palm Beach Post in West Palm Beach, Florida, the South Florida Sun Sentinel in Fort Lauderdale and the Chicago Tribune. She covered a wide variety of issues, with a focus on local, regional and state government. In 1997, she moved to Washington, D.C., to work for Thompson Publishing Group.
Areas of ExpertiseActivism, Advocacy, Nonprofits, Public Interest Communications
B.S. Journalism, University of Florida
- Angela Bradbery and Ann Searight Christiano to Serve on AEJMC Virtual Panel on PR and Public Interest Communications (February 1, 2023)
- Two CJC Students Explore the Beauty and Challenges of Life in South Africa (December 1, 2022)
- Angela Bradbery Featured in AEJMC Media and Culture Podcast (October 20, 2022)
- Angela Bradbery Will Be the Featured Researcher on “The Academic Minute” on Sept. 9 (September 6, 2022)
- Angela Bradbery Comments on the Name Choice for the New Inflation Reduction Act (August 17, 2022)
- All News About Angela Bradbery
Syllabi from the current and three previous semesters:
- MMC 6936 - Social Change Communications - Spring 2023 (PDF)
- PUR 4443 - Global Social Change Communications - Spring 2023 (PDF)
- MMC 6936 - Public Interest Communications - Fall 2022 (PDF)
- PUR 4442 - Public Interest Communications - Fall 2022 (PDF)
- MMC 6936 - Global Social Change Communications - section 4443 - Spring 2022 (PDF)
- PUR 4442 - Public Interest Communications - Spring 2022 (PDF)
- PUR 4443 - Global Social Change Communications - section 4443 - Spring 2022 (PDF)
- PUR 4932 - Nonprofits: A communicator's perspective - Spring 2022 (PDF)
- PUR 4442 - Public Interest Communications - Fall 2021 (PDF)
- PUR 4443 - Global Social Change Communications - Fall 2021 (PDF)