Frank Karel Endowed Chair in Public Interest Communications - Department of Public Relations
Bradbery, a 1986 UFCJC journalism graduate, succeeds Ann Christiano, who has served as the inaugural chair since 2010 and built the first program in the country dedicated to public interest communications.
Bradbery has been with Public Citizen, one of the most effective public interest organizations in the country, since 1999 and has been Director of Communications since 2006. Her responsibilities included developing and implementing communication strategies at the national, state and local levels and leading communication planning and implementation for coalitions of allied public interest organizations.
In 2003, Bradbery co-founded Smokefree DC, a nonprofit, all-volunteer membership organization that achieved the passage of landmark smoke-free workplace legislation in Washington, D.C., in 2006. As part of that effort, Bradbery mobilized grassroots activists, did educational and media outreach and lobbied elected officials.
Prior to joining Public Citizen, she was a reporter with The Palm Beach Post in West Palm Beach, Florida, the South Florida Sun Sentinel in Fort Lauderdale and the Chicago Tribune. She covered a wide variety of issues, with a focus on local, regional and state government. In 1997, she moved to Washington, D.C., to work for Thompson Publishing Group.
B.S. Journalism, University of Florida
- Angela Bradbery Authors Article on the Influence of Names on Legislative Bills (April 15, 2021)
- Infrastructure? Or Jobs? Controversy Over Name of Biden Proposal Highlights Long Tradition in Politics (April 15, 2021)
- Want the Rich to Pay Their Fair Share? Don’t Call It a Tax (March 29, 2021)
- Angela Bradbery Authors Article on How to Get Support for Taxes for Public Services (March 29, 2021)
- Angela Bradbery Named New UF Karel Chair in Public Interest Communications (June 4, 2020)
- All News About Angela Bradbery
Syllabi from the current and three previous semesters:
- PUR 4442 - Public Interest Communications - Fall 2021 (PDF)
- PUR 4443 - Global Social Change Communications - Fall 2021 (PDF)
- PUR 4442 - Public Interest Communications - section 0012 - Summer 2021 (PDF)
- PUR 4442 - Public Interest Communications - Spring 2021 (PDF)
- PUR 4800 - Public Relations Campaigns - Spring 2021 (PDF)
- PUR 4442 - Public Interest Communications - section 3E18 - Fall 2020 (PDF)