Andrew Selepak, Ph.D.
Program Coordinator - Master's program with specialization in Social Media
Lecturer - Department of Media Production, Management, and Technology
Areas of ExpertiseDisinformation / Misinformation, Media Psychology and Effects, Political Communication, Pop Culture, Social Media
Ph.D., Mass Communications, University of Florida
M.A., Communications, George Mason University
B.A., American History, University of Virginia
- Andrew Selepak Comments on Elon Musk’s Concerns About Apple App Store Policies (December 6, 2022)
- Andrew Selepak Comments on TikTok National Security Risks (November 18, 2022)
- Andrew Selepak Comments on the Impact of Slumping Digital Advertising Sales on Tech and Social Media Companies (November 1, 2022)
- Andrew Selepak Comments on How Social Media Can Help with Anxiety (October 12, 2022)
- Andrew Selepak Comments on the BeReal App and Geolocation-Sharing Tools (September 14, 2022)
- All News About Andrew Selepak
Selepak, A. G. (2018). Exploring anti-science attitudes among political and Christian conservatives through an examination of American universities on Twitter. Cogent Social Sciences, 4(1).
Selepak, A.G., & Cain, J. (2015). Manufacturing white criminals: Depictions of criminality and violence on Law & Order. Cogent Social Sciences, 1(1).
Martinez Jr., B. A., & Selepak, A. (2014). The sound of hate: Exploring the use of hate core song lyrics as a recruiting strategy by the White Power Movement. Intercom-Revista Brasileira de Ciências da Comunicação, 37(2), 153-175.
Martinez Jr., B. A., & Selepak, A. (2013). Power and violence in Angry Aryans song lyrics: A racist skinhead communication strategy to recruit and shape a collective identity in the White Power Movement. Comunicação & Sociedade, 35(1), 153-180.
Selepak, A., & Sutherland, J. (2012). The Ku Klux Klan, conservative politics and religion: Taking extremism to the political mainstream. Politics, Religion, & Ideology, 13(1), 75-98.
Selepak, A. (2010). Skinhead Super Mario Brothers: An examination of racist and violent games on White Supremacist Web Sites. Journal of Criminal Justice and Popular Culture, 17(1), 1-47.
Syllabi from the current and three previous semesters:
- MMC 2740 - Introduction to Media and Sports - section 049E - Fall 2022 (PDF)
- MMC 3630 - Social Media and Society - section 27E9 - Fall 2022 (PDF)
- RTV 2100 - Writing for Electronic Media - section 2231, 4471 - Fall 2022 (PDF)
- MMC 2740 - Introduction to Media and Sports - section 0126 - Spring 2022 (PDF)
- RTV 2100 - Writing for Electronic Media - section 01C8, 3577, 5649 - Spring 2022 (PDF)
- MMC 3630 - Social Media and Society - Fall 2021 (PDF)
- RTV 2100 - Writing for Electronic Media - Fall 2021 (PDF)
- RTV 2740 - Introduction to Media and Sports - Fall 2021 (PDF)
- RTV 4930 - Careers in Entertainment - Fall 2021 (PDF)
- RTV 2100 - Writing for Electronic Media - Summer 2021 (PDF)