Andrew Selepak, Ph.D.
Program Coordinator - Master's program with specialization in Social Media
Lecturer - Department of Telecommunication
Ph.D., Mass Communications, University of Florida
M.A., Communications, George Mason University
B.A., American History, University of Virginia
- Andrew Selepak Comments on OAN Popularity and Facebook Plans During the Upcoming Election (September 10, 2020)
- Andrew Selepak Comments on Sports Social Media During COVID and the GRE Test (August 11, 2020)
- Andrew Selepak Comments on Possible TikTok Purchase and Twitter Precedent (August 5, 2020)
- Andrew Selepak Comments on Banning of Pro-Trump Online Accounts (June 30, 2020)
- Andrew Selepak Comments on #BlackLivesMatter (June 4, 2020)
- All News About Andrew Selepak
Selepak, A. G. (2018). Exploring anti-science attitudes among political and Christian conservatives through an examination of American universities on Twitter. Cogent Social Sciences, 4(1).
Selepak, A.G., & Cain, J. (2015). Manufacturing white criminals: Depictions of criminality and violence on Law & Order. Cogent Social Sciences, 1(1).
Martinez Jr., B. A., & Selepak, A. (2014). The sound of hate: Exploring the use of hate core song lyrics as a recruiting strategy by the White Power Movement. Intercom-Revista Brasileira de Ciências da Comunicação, 37(2), 153-175.
Martinez Jr., B. A., & Selepak, A. (2013). Power and violence in Angry Aryans song lyrics: A racist skinhead communication strategy to recruit and shape a collective identity in the White Power Movement. Comunicação & Sociedade, 35(1), 153-180.
Selepak, A., & Sutherland, J. (2012). The Ku Klux Klan, conservative politics and religion: Taking extremism to the political mainstream. Politics, Religion, & Ideology, 13(1), 75-98.
Selepak, A. (2010). Skinhead Super Mario Brothers: An examination of racist and violent games on White Supremacist Web Sites. Journal of Criminal Justice and Popular Culture, 17(1), 1-47.
Syllabi from the current and three previous semesters:
- MMC 2740 - Introduction to Media and Sports - section 049F - Fall 2020 (PDF)
- RTV 2100 - Writing for Electronic Media - section 124F, 2231, 4471, 4474 - Fall 2020 (PDF)
- RTV 4930 - Careers in Entertainment - section 112G - Fall 2020 (PDF)
- MMC 3630 - Social Media and Society - section 02D5 - Spring 2020 (PDF)
- RTV 2100 - Writing for Electronic Media - section All - Spring 2020 (PDF)
- RTV 2740 - Introduction to Media and Sports - section 0126 - Spring 2020 (PDF)
- RTV 4930 - Entertainment Storytelling and Travel Reporting - section 24G5 - Spring 2020 (PDF)
- MMC 2740 - Introduction to Media and Sports - section 049E - Fall 2019 (PDF)
- MMC 3630 - Social Media and Society - section 27E9 - Fall 2019 (PDF)
- RTV 4930 - Entertainment Storytelling - section 112F - Fall 2019 (PDF)