The advertising curriculum is designed to prepare students for careers as agency account executives, media planners, graphic designers, brand consultants, creative and art directors, media and market researchers, advertising sales executives, digital media strategists, and social media and marketing managers. College alumni have found success in an even wider array of positions involving leadership, communications and creative problem solving. In short, our graduates are well prepared to create solutions for reaching targeted audiences with strategic messaging in unique ways.
Five Things You Should Know:
- The department is home to 600 majors, up 25 percent between 2014 and 2016.
- Named 8th best Advertising program in the country by College Factual.
- Student enrollment has increased from 482 to 600.
- Approximately 200 of those majors participate in Ad Society which has organized professional networking trips to Chicago, New York, Atlanta and Miami in the past two years.
- In the past year, graduates have landed jobs at IPG, Dentsu Aegis, DAVID, Disney, Google, and BBDO.
- Campaigns classes in the past year have served Yamaha, Sallie Mae, Piesanos, and Tervis as clients.
- Students in the Advanced Creative class won a Bronze Clio for work for a FOX Sports Florida and Miami Marlins campaign.
Notable alumni include:
- Kirsten Flanik, president, BBDO New York
- Darrell Hammond, former Prime Time Player, Saturday Night Live
- Cliff Marks, president, National CineMedia
- Jonathan Adams, chief digital officer, Maxus
- Joe Zubizarreta, owner, Zubi Media
Below are quick links to find information about the department.
Faculty and Staff
Advertising Course Sequence
Advising for Advertising
The Advertising Department urges students to get involved in the college and gain experience. Below is an overview of the organizations Advertising students most frequently become involved with.
Students receive indispensable advice from speakers and mentors, hands-on experiences, opportunities to visit agencies, and a chance to hold a leadership position amongst fellow peers.
Led by professionals, staffed by students and inspired by faculty, The Agency is a team of seasoned professionals and hand-selected twenty-somethings with a passion for ideas that resonate with millennials.
STEM Translational Communication Center
Join STEM to help improve human health and well-being by making scientific research more accessible, understandable, and actionable.