Senior TV News Manager - Division of Media Properties Innovation News Center
Kalisha Whitman serves as the Senior TV News Manager at the University of Florida College of Journalism and Communications Innovation News Center.
She has been an EMMY® award-winning TV anchor and multimedia reporter for more than a decade, including stints at WTVA in Tupelo, Mississippi, WVTM in Birmingham, Alabama, and WCTV in Tallahassee.
At UF, she trains students to report and produce engaging original content that connects with diverse audiences for TV and digital platforms. Her specialty is digital media concepts and technology. She also enjoys teaching people with unique needs. Her experience allows her to foster multimedia integration in the newsroom. Currently, she administers WUFT’s First at Five, News in 90 and The Lede.
Previously, she served as an assistant professor at Florida A&M University School of Journalism and Graphic Communication where she oversaw the FAMU-TV20 news team. Before that, she served as an instructor at Miles College where she administers MC-Digital – a student-run newscast produced with iPhones.
In 2015, she started her own non-profit production company to focus on longer-form stories. She also runs Educaré Media and Communications Consulting.
Whitman obtained her Master of Science degree in journalism from Columbia Journalism School. She holds a Bachelor of Science in broadcast journalism from FAMU.
M.A. in journalism from Columbia University
B.S. in Broadcast Journalism from Florida A&M University School of Journalism and Graphic Communication
- Kalisha Whitman To Serve as an Instructor for the Dow Jones News Fund HBCU Digital Media Institute (May 12, 2021)
- CJC Faculty, Staff and Student Receive UF Research Team Awards for 2020 Racial Justice Research Fund Grant (December 21, 2020)
- Kalisha Whitman Nominated for Mobile Journalism Award (August 20, 2020)
- Kalisha Whitman Named CJC Innovation News Center Senior TV News Manager (December 2, 2019)
- All News About Kalisha Whitman
Syllabi from the current and three previous semesters: