College News

Back to College News

Katrice Graham Comments on the New Black Experience Installation at the UF Student Union

Katrice Graham, University of Florida College of Journalism and Communications assistant dean for Student Experiences and director of the Knight Division for Scholarships and Student Inclusion, is featured in a video about a new Black experience installation at the UF Reitz Student Union. The exhibit launched on Dec. 6

Lift Every Voice: The Black Experience at the University of Florida” features photographs and text to tell the stories of UF Black students, faculty, staff, and alumni over the decades. It highlights the challenges, triumphs, and contributions of UF’s black community and showcases the importance of continuing the enduring legacy set by its leaders.

Katrice Graham

On the video, Graham says: “I had a wonderful experience here as an undergrad, but the experience I had was somewhat siloed from the campus as a whole. And what I think it is important for people to understand is that Black history at UF is a part of history of UF and this wall symbolizes that.”

She adds, “I want people to smile. I want people to see it and be curious and walk up to it and read some of what’s on it and just to grow from it. I want our Black students and staff and families that come to visit to see it and feel like, ‘wow,’ I really can  be a part of this campus, too.”

Posted: December 7, 2022
Tagged as: