The Multicultural Advertising Intern Program
We wanted to reach out to let you know about an exciting fellowship opportunity for diverse college juniors, college seniors, graduate students, and portfolio school students: MAIP. Since 1973, the MAIP Program, now it it’s 47th year, provides diverse students with equitable access to the advertising and marketing industry.
This past summer, we transitioned to the MAIP Virtual Engagement Program in response to COVID-19. MAIP fellows participated in a 12-week virtual engagement program where they had the opportunity to connect with 90+ participating agencies/industry partners through transferable skill trainings, discipline-specific trainings, and more. Fellows also participated in summer projects and the 4A’s Foundation provided $25,000 in cash prizes to the top 2 teams.
Whether it’s virtual or in-person, we are excited to that next year’s #MAIP2021 application is open. Applications will close November 13. Fellows will have a paid internship in the advertising industry coupled with the amazing experience we provide them as a MAIP fellow. The goal is to continue providing fellows the space and opportunity to build a foundation for their careers.
To learn more about MAIP, visit our website: foundation.aaaa.org/maip-fellowship
- Virtual Spring Training
- Fellows engage in a 12-week virtual training series on topics within the industry intended to prepare fellows for their agency experience
- MAIP Coach
- Industry professionals volunteer to coach a fellow throughout their MAIP experience. Fellows are pair with their coaches based on location, agency/organization, or discipline
- Internship Program
- Fellows complete a 10-week internship with some of the top advertising agencies across the country
- MAIP Labs
- Agencies across the country volunteer to host workshops in the evening to contribute to fellows’ professional growth and development.
- The Face of Talent
- Fellows attend a week-long series of workshops, panels, and a career fair to celebrate their MAIP experience and network
We welcome students from all majors who have a passion for advertising/marketing to apply. Please access the linked materials below:
We will be hosting information sessions beginning next week. If you are interested in learning more about MAIP, join us at an info session.
- November 2 and 9, at 5pm
- Click here to register