How to Apply
It is the applicant’s responsibility to provide all application materials by the March 1 application deadline. Failure to submit application materials by the deadline will prevent application review.
Required Application Materials
- Note: Unofficial transcripts are sufficient for application purposes. However, official transcripts will be REQUIRED if admitted to the program. Also, if you are a UF student, you do not need to submit transcripts as they are in our internal database pending you have no financial holds.
- English Proficiency Exam Scores (International Applicants Only)
- Statement of Purpose
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Work Samples (Not required, strongly recommended)
Beginning the Online Application
On the “Program of Study” page, select “College of Journalism and Communications.” On the drop-down menu, select “Degree Name—Masters of Arts in Mass Communication,” and then select the Fall term and year that you would like to begin.
TO APPLY FOR THE PROFESSIONAL MASTER’S PROGRAM:
- In the concentration field, you MUST select “Professional Communication.”
- You may tailor your Professional Master’s degree plan to your interests (advertising, public relations, etc.) once you are admitted.
TO APPLY FOR THE RESEARCH AND THEORY PROGRAM:
- For the thesis-track Public Relations Concentration, select “public relations” in the concentration field.
- For the thesis-track Science/Health Concentration, select “science and health communication” in the concentration field.
- If you are interested in one of our customizable Research and Theory thesis tracks, please list one of the following in the specialization field: Advertising; International and Intercultural Communication; Joint JD/MAMC Degree; Journalism; Mass Communication Law; Media Production, Management, and Technology; or Other.
For step by step instructions on how to apply, please download the Master’s Application Guide. If you have any additional questions regarding the admissions process or to check the status of your application please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.