Connect with scientists and climate journalists, tap new tools and data, learn to find the climate stories that matter most to your audience.
- Complete the Climate Reporting Master Class online modules on your own.
- Participate in the virtual live event on Tuesday morning, Nov. 17.
- Meet expert sources and discover new tools for data and graphics.
- Sharpen your understanding of climate science with instructors including climate scientist Dr. Katharine Hayhoe and meteorologist Dr. J. Marshall Shepherd.
- Explore climate change across a wide range of stories on all beats, and how to report on causes, impacts and solutions.
- Pick up tips for telling climate stories with inclusion and flair.
- Earn a climate-reporting certificate at the end of the program, which will total a little less than 10 hours including the live Zoom.
Science-based and non-advocacy, Climate Matters in the Newsroom is sponsored by the National Science Foundation. Volunteer instructors and foundation support from the One Earth Fund and Kendeda Fund enable us to offer this program free of charge.