Positioning All Transfers Highly for Success
The College of Journalism and Communications at the University of Florida is launching a new program targeted towards underrepresented transfer admits. The goal of this program is to promote the recruitment and retention of transfer students from a diverse array of backgrounds through transition strategies. These strategies include providing personalized guidance, a supportive campus cohort, mentorship, navigation of resources and exposure to opportunities.
If you are interested in becoming a College of Journalism and Communications Student and creating your own PATH to success, this may be the program for you.
The purpose of this program is to increase the success rate, academically and professionally, of students admitted through the transfer process, and therefore maximizing the unique talents and potential of our student body within the College of Journalism and Communications.
- Meet minimum transfer requirements- Click Here For Requirements
- Complete the scholarship application
- Include essay of career goals with the scholarship application
- Identify with any underrepresented group (gender, ethnicity, religion, ability, age, parental status, veteran, etc.)
- A Cohort Model– where you would meet other transfer students, building a peer unit of support
- PATHS exclusive Intro to Media and Communications course, which would tailor course content to transfer students
- Scholarship offerings
- Peer Mentorship– pairing you with one of our dynamic Journalism and Communications Ambassadors in the same career field
- Group Advising-to make sure you are prepared well in advance with course selections that not only meet the graduation requirements, but will also prove as an asset in achieving your specific career goals
- Career Coaching– to assist with determining your definition of success and the path to get there.
- Other Benefits may include tours, guest speakers, networking opportunities and more!
- Complete the transfer admissions application for a Fall 2020 admissions date- Click Here To Apply
- Complete the Knight Division PATHS Scholarship Application for the 2020/2021 school year (posting in November)
Deadline to apply : March 1, 2020