- Sponsor: National Endowment for the Humanities
- Funding Opportunity Title: Media Projects
- Key words: radio programs, podcasts, documentary films, humanities
- Link to RFP: https://www.neh.gov/program/media-projects
- Deadline: 01/11/2023 with optional draft due 12/07/22
- Funding available: $75,000 for Development, $700,000 for Production, $1,000,000 for Chairman’s Special Awards
- Period of performance: Development: Six to Twelve Months, Production: one to three years, with performance to begin between 10/1/23-4/1/24
- Program Objective: The purpose of this program is to support collaboration between media producers and scholars to develop humanities content and to prepare documentary films, radio, and podcasts that engage public audiences with humanities ideas in creative and appealing ways. All projects must be grounded in humanities scholarship and demonstrate an approach that is thoughtful, balanced, and analytical; proposals must demonstrate the potential to attract a broad general audience. The Division of Public Programs encourages media projects that promote a deeper understanding of American history and culture as well as those that examine international themes and subjects in the humanities.
- Film and television projects may be stand-alone documentaries or series of films. Radio and podcast projects may be single programs, series, or segments within an ongoing program.
- Regardless of subject and format, all projects should be intended for national or regional distribution.
Category: Research Funding Opportunities
Tagged as: documentaries, Humanities, Podcasts, Radio
Posted: October 28, 2022