Hearst Television’s Fred Young Fellowship Accepting Applications
How to qualify
You need to have demonstrated an interest in and ability to produce news, either for television, radio or online.
Excellent writing skills, a demonstrated ability to produce a newscast, and a good base of editorial judgement are important.
You also need to have a strong academic record, and two recommendations from faculty or internship supervisors. You must be completing your senior year of college or graduate school, and be graduating in December 2021. You must be willing to spend 12 weeks post-graduation at a Hearst Television station of the company’s choosing and be willing to relocate to an appointed employing Hearst station after finishing the program.
How to apply
Send the following application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org, for the attention of:
Selection Committee, Fred Young Hearst Television Producing Fellowship
- A letter expressing interest in the fellowship and promoting your candidacy
- An essay about the role of a producer in contemporary television news (one page, single-spaced)
- An updated copy of your resume with work experience and accomplishments
- A complete academic transcript through your completed semester
- Two academic or professional recommendations
Finalists will be interviewed by phone and either in-person or via video conference.
All applications are due by November 8th. Decisions regarding selection will be made in late November.