Television Academy Foundation Star Trek Command Internship Program
Due to the uncertainty surrounding the ongoing pandemic, and with the utmost concern for health and safety, the spring and summer 2021 opportunities will be remote only.
Upon completion, fellows and interns will join the Television Academy Foundation’s Alumni Program and be eligible to participate in program and career support provided by the Foundation.
Required Materials for Application:
- Professional Statement: in a maximum of 750 words, write a professional statement discussing your interest in the Star Trek Command Training Program. Your statement should address:
- How you became interested in the television industry
- How your past work/educational/volunteer and personal experiences make you qualified for this role
- How Star Trek has inspired your personal commitment to diversity and inclusivity, including how this program will help you promote the voices and stories of underrepresented communities
- Resume – remove ALL links, web addresses, photos and references. Email addresses are acceptable.
- Two letters of recommendation addressed to the Internship Committee (at least one must be from an academic and on the institution’s letterhead). Professional references include any person who has had a supervisory role with you in the classroom, an internship, work, or project-based environment. Personal references will not be accepted. All letters MUST be signed and include an email address. No exceptions. Digital signatures are acceptable.
- Transcript(s) from all colleges/universities attended, both undergrad and graduate school, if applicable (unofficial photocopies will be accepted). Graduate students who do not submit undergrad transcripts will automatically be disqualified. If you are unable to obtain transcripts from the current semester, you must include a list of classes in which you are currently enrolled.
Failure to comply and submit all requested materials and/or any additional materials will result in automatic disqualification in every category.
First round spring fellowship notifications can be expected via email in early March. Final decisions can be expected in late March.
First round summer remote internship notifications can be expected via email mid-March. Final decisions can be expected in early April.
Mail-in, fax, or emailed materials will NOT be accepted.
For questions or further information contact email@example.com.
The submission period for spring and summer opportunities is November 12, 2020 – January 19, 2021 at 5:00pm PT.
Posted: January 8, 2021
Category: Student News