Lecturer of Cultural Engagement - Department of Advertising
We Are CJC, Creator & Immersion Supervisor
A natural communicator, Burden embodies a lifelong passion for culture. Nearing 15 years of advertising and marcomm experience, she has served multiple brands across various industries – Turner Broadcasting, The Coca-Cola Company, UPS, Chick-fil-A, BlueCross BlueShield, US Marine Corps, Acorn TV, Transamerica, Teavana, and the US Virgin Islands. Raegan has worked for various agencies including J. Walter Thompson, Millward Brown, and Epsilon.
Currently, the first “Lecturer of Cultural Engagement” with the Department of Advertising, she works to support advertising’s role in shaping the cultural, social, political, and ethical trust between institutions, brands, and audiences. Burden teaches Advertising Strategy, Cross-Cultural Advertising and Psychology of Advertising.
She is also the creator and immersion supervisor for We Are CJC, a multicultural initiative created to highlight and support the College’s diverse faculty, staff, and student body.
Educationally, she obtained her Bachelor of Arts in Communications from the largest HBCU in the country – North Carolina A&T State University. Continuing her credentialing, she received her Master of Mass Communication from the University of Georgia’s renowned Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication.
B.A. in Communications, with a minor in Business, North Carolina A&T State University
Master of Mass Communication, University of Georgia
- “I Am Speaking.” 2020 VP Nominee Kamala Harris’ Impact of Black Feminism as Social Influencers on Twitter (March 30, 2021)
- Raegan Burden Selected to Participate in Discussion on the Future of Women at Work (March 29, 2021)
- Rachel Grant, Raegan Burden and Spenser Cheek Co-Author 2021 ICA Conference Top Paper (March 18, 2021)
- Raegan Burden Featured in Learning Collaboration Podcast (November 2, 2020)
- CJC Expands “We Are CJC” Initiative to Celebrate Stories of Everyday Advocacy (October 15, 2020)
- All News About Raegan Burden
Syllabi from the current and three previous semesters:
- ADV 3001 - Advertising Strategy - section 116F - Fall 2020 (PDF)
- ADV 4930 - Multicultural Advertising in the U.S. - section 3H92 - Fall 2020 (PDF)
- RTV 3945 - We Are CJC (Immersion Experience) - section 3E37 - Fall 2020 (PDF)
- ADV 3001 - Advertising Strategy - section 0487 - Summer 2020 (PDF)
- ADV 3001 - Advertising Strategy - section 1H29 - Spring 2020 (PDF)
- ADV 4400 - International and Cross Cultural Advertising - section IAE2 - Spring 2020 (PDF)