Director and Chief Meteorologist - Division of Media Properties
Jeff is the Director of the Florida Public Radio Emergency Network and South Carolina Emergency Network, both of which are housed at the studios of WUFT and serve all public media stations in both states with life-saving weather information.
He is also the Chief Meteorologist of UF Weather, which serves all North Florida properties from the UF College of Journalism and Communications.
Jeff hails from the University of Missouri in Columbia, where he spent eight years as the Morning Meteorologist for the ABC and FOX affiliates of Mid-Missouri. Upon arriving to UF in 2011, he worked with news managers of the Innovation News Center to build WRUF-TV, a 24-hour news, weather and sports channel serving Alachua and Marion counties.
Students who aspire to become broadcast meteorologists get real-world training in the UF Weather Center, working under the direction of Jeff and the very accomplished journalism and telecommunication faculty of our college.
- Jeff Huffman Authors Op-Ed on the 2021 Hurricane Season (June 7, 2021)
- WUFT and the Florida Public Radio Emergency Network Receive CPB Community Lifeline Award (March 19, 2019)
- FPREN Honored at Governor’s Hurricane Conference (May 22, 2018)
- CJC and WUFT-FM Recognized for Hurricane Irma Coverage (October 2, 2017)
- Jeff Huffman Provided Hurricane Matthew Updates for National Public Radio Programs (October 10, 2016)
- All News About Jeff Huffman