The College of Journalism and Communications realizes that a diverse student body adds to the educational experience of all students. As the United States becomes more diverse, and technology increases global communications, learning and working in a diverse environment becomes a necessary practice to prepare for success in a multicultural society.
To maintain an environment of diverse synergy, the Knight Division provides additional support to both students and the college. This includes recruitment efforts for underrepresented groups, meeting with prospective students to share the wealth of opportunity at the University of Florida’s College of Journalism and Communications.
The Knight Division’s support continues throughout a student’s undergraduate tenure through the following:
- Individual student appointments
- Advising of the CJC Student Diversity Task Force
- Student advocacy with college leadership
- Support of student organizations, including Hispanic Communicators Association (HCA), Journalism and Communications Ambassadors (JCA), National Association of Black Journalists (UF NABJ)
- Development workshops
- Outreach Events
- Group and class presentations
- Programming support and marketing
- External department collaborations
To discuss concerns, programming, or opportunities in multicultural affairs, you are welcome to schedule an appointment with the director at any time.
Knight Division for Scholarships, Career Services and Multicultural Affairs
1060 Weimer Hall
PO Box 118400
Gainesville, FL 32611-8400
Phone: (352) 392-0289
Fax: (352) 846-2484
Find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ufknight.