Career Services Database
View Job Listing
1060M Weimer Hall
Gainesville, Florida 32611
Web site: jou.ufl.edu/knight
Contact: Alexandria Wilkerson , Program Assistant
Knight Division Student Assistant
The Knight Division of the College of Journalism and Communications is seeking student assistants for the PATH office front desk for Spring 2021. Students with a variety of talents and knowledge, from all four disciplines in the college are desired. If you are interested in becoming a welcoming face of student success please read the duties, requirements and application instructions below.
Duties include but are not limited to:
1. Basic clerical work and phone reception
2. Knight Division event and office promotion
3. Promotion and marketing assistance
4. Create creative and engaging content for social media outlets
5. Provide CJC guest with general information about the Knight Division, college, and events
6. Deliver virtual and/or physical tours of the college
7. Complete assigned projects for Knight Division/PATH office
8. Participate in Knight Division meetings and events
• Eligible candidates must be a full time, undergraduate student in the College of Journalism and Communications.
• Strong customer service, problem solving skills, and work ethic
• Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
• Technical skills in graphics, creative strategy, editing, and social media
• Video production skills
• Knowledge and proficiency of APA Style
• Ability to work independently and as a team
*Students with (FWS) preferred (please include document on resume if you are eligible for FWS)
*Students who are chosen will be required to attend a Resume Critic Workshop and FERPA training.
How to Apply:
Please send application, resumes and your Spring work hour availability to:
Alexandria Wilkerson (Program Assistant): firstname.lastname@example.org
Or drop off applications, Spring/Summer work hour availability to the Knight Division office located at Weimer Hall 1060.
Applications for employment can be found here: Student Assistant Application