Career Services Database
View Job Listing
8195 Front Beach Road
Panama City, Florida 32407
Web site: gray.tv/
Contact: Melissa Cooley , Office Manager
We are seeking qualified candidates who have a passion for covering local sports, and the ability to enterprise compelling stories for both sports and news. Strong story-telling skills are a must! We are looking for an energetic journalist who can shoot, write and edit all stories, and operate a TVU for live coverage. Must be a solid anchor, who can produce and edit content for newscasts. Travel is occasionally required for covering sporting events. This position requires working weekends, and a flexible work schedule that can change frequently. Someone who can multi-task, while paying attention to details and accuracy is a must. Candidates should have a good understanding of how sports is delivered on multiple platforms, including social media, and technical skills to work in a competitive newsroom environment.
- Producing and/or assisting producing newscasts.
- Ability to shoot, write, edit all work, and operate live TVU equipment solo as directed by news management and Sports Director.
- Taking direction and learning under guidance of news management and senior producers.
- Enterprising story ideas and covering a variety of assignments.
- A BA/BS degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field is required for this position.
- Prior professional experience reporting, producing, writing, or shooting news is preferred.
- Strong professional social media skills.
- Solid technical and computer skills.
- A valid driver's license and good driving record.
Application deadline: 12/31/2019