Career Services Database
View Job Listing
1100 Banyan Blvd.
West Palm Beach, Florida 33401
Fax: United States
Web site: https://www.wptv.com/
Contact: Keila Wilson , Receptionist
WPTV Newschannel 5, the E.W. Scripps owned NBC affiliate, is looking for a Chief Photographer to join our team in the sunny Palm Beaches. Are you a seasoned news professional committed to producing top quality newscasts while creating a positive work environment? If so, the number one station in West Palm Beach is looking for you!
The Chief Photographer will supervise the photojournalists. The position is a working supervisor and will capture visual content and edit for multiple platforms.
- Supervise photojournalists, including but not limited to coaching, conducting performance evaluations and creating schedules to manage overtime
- Shoot, capture and edit visual content for multiple platforms
- Post content to station's Web sites
- Work with producers and multi-media journalists to create news stories
- Drive company vehicle for business purposes
- Knowledge and demonstration of creativity, editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel laws
- Perform news operations duties as needed
- Responsible for operating various news gathering equipment, including but not limited to live truck, video camera, and video editing equipment
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education & Experience/Certifications
- Bachelor's degree in broadcast journalism or related degree, and/or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years experience as a photojournalist and/or 1 year as a news supervisor
Skills & Abilities
- Proficiency with lighting and computer-based editing, including Final Cut Pro
- Proficiency with live microwave truck operation
- Available to work a variety of shifts – days, nights, weekends, holidays
- In the event of a local hurricane, stay at the station with the rest of the staff to help support the news organization
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required.
To create a profile & apply, please visit www.scripps.com