Career Services Database
View Job Listing
First Coast News
1070 East Adams St
Jacksonville, FL 32202
Web site: www.firstcoastnews.com
Contact: Jody Gerwe
First Coast News in Jacksonville, FL is looking for highly skilled artistic photographers and editors who can create shareable and exciting content for television, social media and mobile. We want journalists who can tell great stories on their own or with a team. Our ideal candidates are familiar with the latest photography, editing tools and techniques. They create unique and exciting content on all platforms. They are proficient with live news gathering tools and are able to participate in live performance on air and on live streaming when necessary.
In this role, you will:
- Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories.
- Produce original content on-air and on all digital platforms that evoke emotion and tell compelling stories.
- Contribute video content on all digital platforms
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
- Contact sources and develop news stories. Cover breaking, general, sports, feature, investigative, and political news stories.
- Produce news stories that are unique and captivating.
- Attend editorial meetings, participate in discussions, and suggest story ideas.
- Edit and post video and text content stories for website.
- Develop news sources for general assignment and special areas of interest.
- Operate news gathering vehicle to and from various locations.
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer.
- 2-5 years of experience preferred
- Experience in photojournalism and editing, content management systems a plus
- Proven ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
- Demonstrated social media proficiency, especially in the field, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
- Demonstrated news judgment, writing skills, photography experience, and non-linear editing skills.
- Must be flexible with schedule, reliable and dependable
- Understanding of the tenants of professional journalism
- Knowledge of ENPS, Xpri, and Axis graphics
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events