Career Services Database
View Job Listing
Contact: Bernie Guenther , Director of Broadcast Operations
Social Media Manager
Reporting to the National Director of Marketing, this role is for a true storyteller—one who lives and breathes social media. You must be eager to use your communication skills and social media acumen to help achieve real business goals. A good collaborator with forward-thinking ideas about social media engagement, along with great writing and visual chops, is the best kind of candidate.
- Develop original, strategically-sound social media content by thinking creatively about opportunities to capitalize on events, announcements, and press coverage with a social-first mentality; should be comfortable capturing videos, photos, and soundbites from live events
- Draft social media content, as well as talking points for videos, on behalf of leaders
- Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, and audience identification.
- Create and generate captivating content, edit, publish and post/share daily (original text, images and video) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action.
- Optimize the company's social media within each platform to increase visibility of company’s social content. Engage with social media audiences.
- Use both organic and paid social media advertising methods.
- Help establish key metrics for success in community engagement. Capture and analyze the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and act on the information.
- Collaborate with other departments (graphic designers, content writers, Advance Media Group, product development, and sales/marketing) to manage reputation, identify key players and coordinate actions.
- Outreach to websites, influencers, and advertisers to create business relationships.
- Ensure social media content adheres to USSSA brand standards, and are integrated into the company’s sales, marketing and communication strategies.
- Assess and report on the performance of social media efforts using analytic and tracking tools; suggest and implement strategies to improve performance.
- Stay current on emerging trends in social media platforms, measurement and user habits to ensure our brands are properly positioned to capitalize on communication and engagement channels.
- Act as the voice of the brand across social media communities which include but are not limited to Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube and Twitter.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Clear communication skills with the ability to adapt style to audience
- Influential and confident presenter
- Ability to work individually and with cross functional teams
- Experience and familiarity with emerging media and digital technologies
- Enthusiastic team player, with a flexible approach to role and ways of working
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and be very flexible in a fast paced, changing environment