Career Services Database
View Job Listing
PO Box 147030
Gainesville, FL 32614
Web site: www.floridafarmbureau.com
Contact: Jennifer Williams , Human Resources Generalist
Summary: Success in this full-time position requires that the employee must be a self-motivated individual who possesses excellent computer skills, with a mastery of desktop publishing software. The position requires exceptional skill with the Adobe Creative Suite tools of InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator. In addition to a sound understanding of contemporary news and communications media, the employee must be able to perform well within a dynamic professional office environment. The Graphic Designer reports to the Communications Manager.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serves as the lead consultant and designer for various platforms, publications and projects issued by the Public Relations Division as well as all other Florida Farm Bureau divisions
• Develops brochures, designs for event themes, signs, annual reports and advertisements
• Prepares brief notes, infographics and photographs for use on various FFBF communications platforms
• Creates layout designs for county Farm Bureau publications and platforms
• Follows excellent professional practices in developing all materials
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists in selecting new communication tools as they become available
• Serves as a staff photographer
• Performs other duties, as assigned
• A bachelor’s degree in graphic design or a related discipline
• Ability to use creativity and artistic eye to design and develop materials
• Ability to use the tools of Microsoft Office suite, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Excellent ability to use the Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
• Superior interpersonal relationship skills
• A working knowledge of emerging media
• A willingness to build upon existing skills and develop new ones in the position
• Proficiency with video editing software such as Premier Pro
• A basic knowledge of Florida agriculture
• Previous work experience as a graphic designer
Must be able to travel for business purposes.
Must be able to read and interpret documents. Proficiency in crafting reliable summaries of information on electronic platforms must be demonstrated with completed work. Must be able to make presentations before both professional and non-professional audiences.
Must have a knowledge of basic mathematical concepts and be able to apply them in various tasks of calculation and computation
Must be able to solve practical problems and operate with a number of variables in situations that are not determined by standard, repetitive arrangements. Must possess the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
The physical actions expressly stated or implied above are representative of the kinds of demands that must be met by the employee to perform in this position successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made so that individuals with disabilities may be enabled to carry out the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools and controls and see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands or arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl. The employee must use a computer keyboard and view a screen.
The employee must frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision requirements required by this job include close-up vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Apply here: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/1461669673/