Career Services Database
View Job Listing
5203 SW 91st Terrace
GAINESVILLE, FLORIDA 32608
Fax: United States
Web site: kelmargroup.net
Contact: Jessica Coons , Speacial Projects Coordinator
Full Time Development Coordinator
Kelmar Group is a Gainesville firm that works with non-profits to raise awareness and funds to support their missions. We are looking for a full-time Development Coordinator to work 35-40 hours a week. The ideal candidate will be able to manage multiple projects in three main areas; communications and marketing, event and logistics management, and program management.
Responsibilities with time allocation include but are not limited to:
Communications and Marketing: 30%
Manage and create websites, social media campaigns, and other communication needs.
- Ensure all messages aligns with client’s goals/mission and generates target market engagement
- Design promotional material – flyers, handouts, social media posts, etc. and update as needed.
- Research promotional items, record quotes from vendors
- Track social media and website engagement. Manage questions that come through web contact form.
- Content creation – social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter), fundraising projects (drafting letters, emails)
- Manage website posting, updates, etc.
Event and Logistics Management: 30%
Event planning and execution including;
- Research and comparisons – hotels, restaurants, venues, speaker and attendee gifts, locations
- Book hotels, meeting spaces, restaurant, venue, etc. Build relationship with on-site contacts.
- Communicate with client to identify needs, coordinate activities and satisfaction, create checklists
- Carefully track expenses, manage invoices and receipts, and organize event/program expense reports
- Oversee communications and marketing for events – design, promotion, etc.
- Negotiate with hotels and venues to get best options available
Program Management: 30%
Completely oversee the management and execution of various programs
- Build relationships with program participants, troubleshoot problems and answer questions as necessary
- Keep track of all expenses related to the program(s), reimburse participants as necessary
- Manage travel and meeting logistics for program participants
- Collect pre- and post-program surveys
- Contribute to fundraising projects related to program(s)
- Create and test applications for program and keep track of all applicant details
Other duties as assigned by manager 10%
- Operational duties such as generating monthly expense reports, writing SOPs, etc.
- Various administrative tasks
- Review and proofread grant submissions
- Gift processing
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Ability to work independently and successfully handle multiple projects at once
- Efficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to quickly adapt to unfamiliar projects and tasks and ask questions when needed
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, or other design platforms
- Experience with WordPress a plus
- Knowledge of the structure of a Nonprofit Organization
The ideal candidate is a great communicator and able to speak to many different people, sometimes about complex or unfamiliar subjects. They should be comfortable negotiating contracts with hotels/ venues and able to build relationships with individuals from various industries.
Excellent time management, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills are a must with the ability to adapt to new tasks. Strong initiative, willingness to grow and team collaboration round out desired attributes.
Application deadline: 6/30/2019