Career Services Database
View Job Listing
West Palm Beach, FL
Contact: iHeartMedia Stations
On Air/Creative Services Director - WLDI West Palm
Seeking On Air/Creative Services Director to entertain listeners daily and help mold the sound of the Palm Beaches’ #1 Hit Music Station. WiLD 95.5. is looking for a unique, multi-talented CHR star with abilities to connect daily on-air with Palm Beach/Treasure Coast listeners plus shape and deliver creative station imaging.
- Idea generator for station promotions and events, working directly with programming leadership to write, create, and produce station promos, imaging, and branding.
- Coordinates in-house productions (voicing, writing, dubbing, and archiving of) imaging and promotional announcements.
- Works with voice talent to record and edit daily and weekly long and short form programming; works with programming leadership to capture and edit audio from various sources, monitors TV shows, grabs and cleans up clips and shares with talent.
- Provides creative support to sales and clients with regard to commercial and promotional announcements.
- Creates material for websites, social, and other platforms for online use.
- May produce trailers to promote client-sponsored events or to build station brands.
- May write entries onto log to provide information on all elements aired during broadcast such as musical selections and station promotions.
- May be responsible for operating control board for studios and remote programming. Regulates program timing, operates syndicated programming, and plays commercials.
- Monitors the technical quality and accuracy of incoming and outgoing on-air programming from master control room.
- Executes playlists for server, tape, or simulcast programming.
- Assists with adjusting signal and programming content to ensure that transmission meets federally mandated broadcast standards.
- Processes time-out programming for accurate play back.
- Checks studio equipment for proper functioning and notifies Engineering of technical malfunctions affecting quality of the broadcast.
- Screens in-coming phone calls and selectively chooses callers for On-Air Talent and talk shows
- Handles emergency inserts (e.g. news updates and breaking stories, alert system tests, etc.).
- Highly proficient in Adobe Audition or similar audio editing software, Nexgen and Creative
- Highly proficient in operating studio equipment and audio processing equipment and software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and social media platforms.
- Experience with serving and supporting a sales team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; proven writing, editing, proofreading and copy writing skills
- Excellent project management skills; strong attention to detail, and high work standards
- Ability to work independently while adhering to tight deadlines and schedules
- Socially informed and perceptive; up-to-date and in tune with the local and national trends and/or specialized knowledge of topics/events related to on-air discussions
- Pleasant, charismatic and well-controlled voice; excellent pronunciation
- Well-rounded communication skills for conducting interviews
- Ability to make others feel comfortable and open up on air
- Excellent writing and editing skills; proficient in grammar
- Proficient in media production and broadcast systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and social networking
- 3-5 years of work experience in Radio Production
- 3-5 years of on air experience in rated markets
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Marketing, Journalism or Communications helpful
Please click here to apply for this job.
Application deadline: 7/22/2019