Career Services Database
View Job Listing
4466 N. John Young Pkwy.
Orlando, FL 32804
Contact: Donna Ansley , General Sales Manager
IT Support Specialist
WKMG-TV, the Graham Media Group owned-CBS affiliate in Orlando, Florida ,is looking for a full-time I.T. Specialist. WKMG is the first TV station in Orlando and prides itself on getting results for our viewers. We are looking for a talented individual to join our multi-talented technical team.
Description and responsibilities:
The I.T. Specialist will be responsible for supporting and maintaining the IT environment for WKMG-TV. The I.T environment contains a blend of Windows and Linux servers, Cisco switches and routers, Active Directory, MS DNS, MS Exchange and various broadcast related computer system. The I.T. Specialist will also be responsible for end user support with Windows desktops as well as some embedded systems. This person will need to provide timely support for needs arising during live broadcasts as well as to be able to guide the implementation and maintenance of infrastructure components with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree in a computing or engineering program (or at least five years of I.T. experience)
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP and networking concepts including CoS and QoS
- Working knowledge of network appliances such as hardware firewalls, VPN servers, and VoIP
- Ability to work independently
- The successful candidate must be a strong troubleshooter. The ability to use critical thinking and inductive reasoning to analyze a malfunctioning set of systems, quickly identify the root cause, and deploy a fix is crucial.
- Experience with virtualization, most notably vSphere implemented on FlexPod architecture (Cisco UCS and NetApp storage)
- Broadcast experience is a plus but not required. Familiarity with products from Grass Valley, Avid, Telestream, Imagine, and WideOrbit would be ideal.
To apply, please send resume via email to Frank Torbert at firstname.lastname@example.org; or by mail to
Director of Technology
4466 N. John Young Parkway
Orlando, FL 32804
(NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE)
Application deadline: 3/11/2019