Career Services Database
View Internship Listing
Foxbridge 3, 2631 nw 41st street suite E-6
Gainesville, FL 32606
Contact: Sharon Heller
Internship semester(s): Fall
Academic Level: FR, SO, JR, SR
Are you looking to integrate your passion for holistic health and contemplative arts with the writing/graphic design/technological/public relation skills you’ve been developing in college? Do you have a can-do attitude and a focus on creating quality content? And do you like to contribute to the health and well being of others and the community? Then ChayaVeda’s marketing/journalism/public relations internship may be for you!
As a ChayaVeda intern, you’ll be supporting and developing a ChayaVeda brand, community and enrolling people into the ChayaVeda Integrative Healing Arts Studio and Programs. ChayaVeda Integrative Healing Arts is a premier healing experience in Gainesville, and your job as a marketing intern is to represent us in the community in a way that is palpable. We want you to get people flowing in through our doors, excited about our programming and our mission.
You will have the opportunity to create original content for our website, social media pages, press releases and newsletters, participate in our programs and be connected to a cutting edge healing arts provider. You’ll be pushed to flex your creative muscles and produce meaningful work. If you’re up for the challenge, you will be rewarded by witnessing the results of our work together as our brand and our community makes progress in their healing arts journey, breaking through their limitations and expanding their potentials along with us.
Position Functions/You will be learning to:
- Effectively use Instagram and other social media and web based platforms to build a powerful community and brand, including media graphics, production themes and artistic vision, create interesting, engaging and relevant social media, digital newsletter, content, online as well as some print advertising and flyers
- Grow an online and in person transformative experiential wellness program
- Effective collaboration with other businesses, community outreach and public relations to increase overall success and expand the reach of a thriving and purpose driven startup
- Take quality photos to promote ChayaVeda Integrative Healing Arts Studio, programs and special events
- Write effective press releases and send to a wide range of publications to further ChayaVeda’s goals, presence and performance
- Work with local radio stations on scheduling interviews
- Pick up and deliver marketing materials; organize and schedule with other interns to execute print campaigns, such as distributing materials and completing local postering routes
- Table at community events and relevant conferences, promoting ChayaVeda services and programming and distributing marketing materials
- University of Florida or Santa Fe undergraduate student. Currently studying journalism, public relations, marketing or another related field at an accredited institution; other applicants will be considered if they have comparable skills and drive
- Some knowledge of one or more of the following: Social media, Instagram, facebook, Linked In, tweeter, to generate fresh and relevant content and advertising, graphic design, website design, videography, video editing, automation tools, email marketing, event planning, public relations, press releases, blogging, Word, Excel, Google Drive. Access to Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and other Adobe programs, access to a DSLR camera/quality phone camera (i.e. iPhone 6/iPhone 7) is a plus.
- Passionate, creative, focused and ready to be challenged along with a kind and compassionate personality that is supportive and authentic
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, a commitment to promptness and a proven reliability, as well as flexible, with evening and weekend hours occasionally requested
- Ability to interface with clients and students professionally and kind heartedly, within a health promoting environment, and the ability to think on one’s feet and step into unfamiliar roles gracefully
- Detail-oriented and able to envision the company’s bigger picture and long-term goals
Internship is unpaid however the opportunities to participate in our programs and while growing with the company and community possess infinite potential.
To apply, please submit your résumé and completed application, along with any supporting content to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line Internship – YOUR NAME”. You may include sample writing clips, published articles and sample press releases. If you have graphic design, videography, or photography experience, you may attach a small portfolio of your work or a link to your website.
For more information about Chaya and ChayaVeda, please visit ChayaVeda.com
After reviewing your application, we will contact you to schedule an interview.
Currently there is no deadline, we accept applications and hire and assign upon approval.