We teach changemakers how to use behavioral, social and cognitive science to achieve their social change goals.
Our customized workshops are rooted in what science tells us about how people learn, think, form opinions and what gets them to take action. Lively and hands-on, individual training sessions are led by expert coaches who draw on recent findings and insights from psychology, sociology, neuroscience, public relations and political science scholarship.
Our strategic communications training can help you:
- Hone storytelling and communications skills to achieve greater understanding about your organization’s mission and vision and how to build support from a range of constituencies.
- Develop a strategic communications framework
- Learn to write with confidence, clarity, and speak with charisma
- Create memorable and compelling presentations worthy of the TED stage
- Facilitate high-stakes meetings with “influentials” such as high-level administrators, policy makers, and funders
- Interact with the news media to build credibility and call people to action
- How to think and respond quickly when facing challenging communication scenarios
- Leverage social media to develop a meaningful digital network
- Use design thinking and systems thinking to create meaningful calls to action
Some of our more popular programs include:
Strategic Communications Training for Change Leaders
This training helps change leaders communicate about their work effectively to donors, trustees, journalists and policymakers and how to focus their efforts where they can have the greatest effect.
Science Communications Academy
Our Science Communications Academy helps scientists learn how to effectively communicate the value of their work to build relationships with funders, collaborators, policymakers, and members of the news media. We’ll show you how to present more effectively, hone your writing skills, and hold effective meetings with the partners who are critical to your success.
Science of Storytelling Academy
Learn the science behind effective storytelling, and how to create a storytelling culture in your organization.
Strategic Communications Training for Scholars and Leaders at the University of Florida
Apply now for the 2019 strategic communications training program held exclusively for scholars and leaders at the University of Florida. Read more here.
Our expert coaches are experienced in communications strategy, public interest communications research, and journalism.