- Sponsor: National Endowment for the Humanities
- Funding Opportunity Title: Media Projects
- Key words: radio programs, podcasts, documentary films, humanities
- Link to RFP: https://www.neh.gov/program/media-projects
- Agency Deadline: 08/09/23, 1/10/24
- Funding available: up to $75,000 for development and up to $700,000 for production
- Period of performance: 6-12 months for development and 1-3 years for production
- Program background: The Media Projects program supports the development, production, and distribution of radio programs, podcasts, and documentary films that engage general audiences with humanities ideas in creative and appealing ways. Projects must be grounded in humanities scholarship and incorporate an approach that is thoughtful, balanced, and analytical; proposals must demonstrate the potential to attract a broad general audience. The Division of Public Programs encourages media projects that promote a deeper understanding of American history and culture as well as those that examine international themes and subjects in the humanities. Film and television projects may be stand-alone documentaries or a series of programs. Radio and podcast projects may be single programs, a series, or segments within an ongoing program. Projects may include supplementary components such as discussion programs or websites.
- Program Objectives:
- Development- Development awards (up to $75,000) enable media producers to collaborate with scholars to develop humanities content and other program elements. Awards must result in a script or detailed treatment(s). You may also use a Development award to plan for outreach and public engagement.
- Production- Production awards (up to $700,000) must result in the production and distribution of radio, podcast, television, and documentary film projects.
Category: Research Funding Opportunities
Tagged as: Documentary Films, Humanities, Podcasts, Radio Programs
Posted: May 15, 2023