The Ray Greenly Scholarship Application is Now Open
The 2017 Ray Greenly Scholarship application is now available!
This opportunity awards over $100,000 in scholarships to students who have the potential to succeed in digital retail and e-commerce. We’re looking for students with a creative and entrepreneurial spirit who can find innovative ways to connect retail customers to brands and products.
Students don’t have to be in a retail program or major to apply; in fact, students pursuing majors in ecommerce, engineering, marketing or advertising, journalism, graphic design and IT are all critically important for the future of digital retail and are encouraged to submit an application.
The deadline to apply is April 3, 2017 . For more information on the eligibility, criteria and application, visit nrf.com/raygreenly or contact me directly. You can also download a flyer here to share with your school.
We are also hosting an information session on Thursday, February 16 at 3PM (ET) to explain the scholarship requirements and process. The dial-in number is 1-866-855-1143 and participant code is 49572241#.
Below are a few FAQs. Let me know if you have any other questions, but please make sure to read the how to apply page before reaching out to me.
What is new this year?
- The application process is two phases. In the first phase, applicants are required to submit an innovation essay, personal brand video and school transcripts. Deadline is April 3 at 11:59pm EST.
- There will be a short review period during which applicants will be selected to move on to the second phase of the application process. Those selected will be assigned a company specific case study from HSN, Nordstrom or REI.
- In phase two, selected applicants are required to submit a case study, letter of recommendation, resume and headshot. Deadline is June 26 at 11:59pm EST.
Who can apply?
- Eligible sophomore, junior or senior undergraduate or graduate student attending a U.S. college or university. They must be enrolled full-time when the scholarship is awarded in September 2017.
- Students do not have to be in a retail program or major to apply; in fact, students pursuing majors in ecommerce, engineering, marketing or advertising, journalism, graphic design and IT are encouraged to apply as they are critically important for the future of digital retail. Mostly work with retail students? Forward this opportunity to another educator on campus and encourage their students to submit an application.
- There is no limit to the number of students who can apply from one school.
- Please spread the word beyond your NRFSA membership to increase your chances of having a semifinalist selected!
How to apply?
- Students are responsible for submitting their own application. You are not required to have a separate internal process for selection as there is no limit to the number of students who can apply from each school.
- Students must create an account and submit an innovation essay, personal brand video and school transcripts via https://nrfscholars.communityforce.com on or before 11:59 p.m. ET on April 3 to be eligible.