My computer was upgraded to Windows Vista last week and my Adobe Creative Suite was upgraded to version 3. That’s a long story.
When I used to get a new computer or some sort of upgrade, I would transfer my Dreamweaver site definitions using a utility called MM-Exporter. That didn’t work this time, however. I don’t know why.
I ended up using a different method, the “Export…” and “Import…” buttons in the “Manage Sites” dialog in Dreamweaver. I opened Dreamweaver 8 on a second machine in my office (that I had luckily transferred my site definitions into) and exported the site definitions to a network drive. Then I opened Dreamweaver CS3 on my main workstation and imported away. That was certainly easier than re-creating more than a dozen site definitions by hand.