Online Masters Degree Program Specializing in Social Media
Full-time or Part-time Distance Learning
Social media has forever changed our world, redefining how we communicate, work, receive news, find information, shop and access entertainment. To provide communications professionals the tools and insights to effectively leverage social media, University of Florida developed this first-of-its-kind online Master of Arts in Mass Communication with a specialization in Social Media.
This advanced professional degree enables students to harness the power of social media and explains how social media offers value to organizations in communication, marketing, journalism, politics, entertainment, public relations and more.
Earning your Master of Arts in Mass Communication or graduate certificate specializing in Social Media enables you to manage campaigns and strategic initiatives for businesses, nonprofits, government agencies and more.
- Advertising and Social Media
- Social Media Metrics
- Branding Using Social Media
- Social Media Management
- Social Media and Virtual Worlds
- Social Media and News
- And 8 other courses – click here for complete course descriptions
This graduate specialization is offered 100% online, making it an ideal master’s degree program for working professionals. You never have to step foot on campus. Maintain your current job and earn your degree from the comfort and convenience of home in as few as four semesters. Instructors in the program combine the best in academic rigor and real-world knowledge through backgrounds as social media professionals.
Throughout your master’s degree coursework, you will:
- Uncover creative ways to implement social media in a variety of professional settings
- Explore the uses of social media in advertising, marketing, journalism, branding and public relations
- Learn to track, collect, analyze and utilize a diverse range of social media metrics and data
- Examine ways to employ social media to connect and communicate globally
- Discover how social media developed and found its place in our global society
- Peer into the future of social media and be ready for what lies ahead for these digital media
- Harness the power of Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, YouTube, Tumblr, Vimeo and other social networks in your current or future career