Scholarships for Advertising Majors
Click on a name for more information.
- Peter and Nancy Barr Trust Scholarship
- Barry M. Berish Scholarship
- James S. Fish Scholarship
- Graham K. Gloss Scholarship
- Governor R. H. Gore, Sr. Memorial Scholarship
- Leo L. Kubiet Scholarship
- The Miami Herald South Florida Scholarships
- Joanne and Charles Mirabella Scholarship
- New York Times Scholarships
- Orlando Sentinel/South Florida Sun-Sentinel Scholarships
- The Palm Beach Post/Cox Foundation Scholarships
- Moe and Laura Schwartz Scholarships
- Gainesville Advertising Federation (GAF) Susan Dixon Smith Memorial Scholarship
- St. Petersburg Times Scholarships
- Tatiana McIntosh Memorial Scholarship
- F. Andrew Warden Advertising Scholarships
- Stanley Zack Advertising Scholarship
One application form will qualify a University of Florida student enrolled in the College of Journalism and Communications to be considered for any of the College of Journalism and Communications undergraduate awards for students, unless otherwise noted in the descriptions of individual scholarships. Contact us at the following location for an application:
1080 Weimer Hall
PO Box 118400
Gainesville, FL 32611-8400
Voice: (352) 392-0289
Fax: (352) 846-2484
View or download the scholarship application (PDF file).
Application Deadline: February 3, 2014
The deadline for submitting an application is 5 p.m. February 3, 2014. If mailed, applications must be postmarked by the February 3, 2014 deadline. All applicants will receive an email acknowledgement that their application has been received and will be notified by email of the scholarship committee’s decisions before April 30, 2014.
To be eligible for scholarships and assistantships, students must be enrolled full-time at the University of Florida (12 semester hours) at the time the award becomes effective. Some awards are restricted to students with demonstrated financial need. The minimum grade point average (GPA) to be considered for most awards is a 3.0, unless otherwise specified.
Duration of Award
Awards are for the Fall 2014 and Spring 2015 semesters. Awards of $650 or less are awarded in full at the beginning of the Fall semester. For awards greater than $650, half of the award is given each semester. Awards may be discontinued at the end of one semester if a student's overall GPA falls below a 3.0. Assistantships may be terminated for unsatisfactory performance. Many scholarships may be renewed for more than one year, but students must re-apply by the deadline each year to be considered.